Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's Only Hair

The many phases of my hair...some more brutal than others.

Please vote in which "Hair Era" you met me.


The Piggie Era (2 1/2 years old)

Au Naturel (what can I say? I was 5)

First Perm (wow - there are no words - I was devastated)

Jr. High Perm Continued
( clearly not devastated enough to get off the perm-crack habit -
I think I had a perm for 10 straight years)


Sr. High Big Hair


Longggggg College Era
(there's still just SO MUCH of it - had I not heard of sissors?)


Jett Black
(dyed it in France at the end of my self-inflicted Euro tour)


Platinum Blonde (it's a bit more fun)


Brown (back to the basics)


Blondish


Red (so I wanted to be a red head)


Make that a bobbed red head


Matchy-matchy -but not

Bronwnish/Blonde


Short, brown (I hate to say it - mom hair - but I love it)


That about sums it up!
Please vote for the "Hair Era" in which you met me.

10 comments:

  1. Junior High, perms were awesome! :) At least you didn't have the permed mullet like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your permed mullett! Let's do that to our daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't remember, but when can we vote on Karl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the red look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. met you during Brownish/blonde and I think that's my favorite, but like my wife you could probably pull off anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was during the JETT BLACK era! Jett,what a great name for a nephew:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Have to say that I was there in the beginning, so I vote for au natural of course! I have enjoyed most of the phases, but you know I was always surprised by each change. You were on the cutting edge. Ha!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked the youngest age, even though I met you ALMOST from the beggining, when you were no more than a couple of days old. However, your long college hair sure reminds me of your mother many years ago (now I am in trouble with Dot?).
    Doug Gunthert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh....gotta love junior high perm (your shirt says it all!) My favorite is your red, shoulder length that flips out. You know, you pulled off Kate's (of Kate Plus 8) Volcano style before she made it public when you were "matchy-matchy"...."Lava in the front, explosion in the back!" I don't think I ever got to see Jett Black....wasn't there a pink stripe era, too, at some point? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie!!! I love them all! And can empathize with the 10 year perm. I think the remnants of my decade long affair with perms caused some serious damage - I had curly hair years after I stopped perming. Weird. The red head bob, by the way - awesome! - Mary

    ReplyDelete