Monday, December 7, 2009

Why I Love Omaha

I can’t believe we leave for Africa in 48 days!

Here are 5 things I will miss every single day about Omaha.

1. The Dodge Expressway: I know this is old news – but I have to say, there is still precious little that makes me happier than the Dodge Expressway. Even though 100 million dollars were spent to bypass one stop-light – I feel my life has seen vast improvements because of this.

2. Ice skating: My family plays hockey in the winter on Nebraska Lakes – Standing Bear being our favorite.

If you have little talent and can barely skate – consider yourself invited (we don’t like to include anyone that has any actual hockey skills).

3. All the fabulous places to eat:
- “Slice, salad, soda” lunch special at Zios
- “Spinach and artichoke dip” at Charlestons (of course!)
- “Smoked gouda soup” at Upstream
-“Chicken tacos” at California Taco
- “Los Alamos pasta” at Stokes

Someone may have to find a way to air mail me some “avocado egg rolls” from Kona.


4. Village Pointe: This summer Jensen loved our routine of sandwiches at Paradise, the Ferris wheel at Scheels (she was barely tall enough, depending on the shoes she wore and would wave wildly after every rotation), and ice cream at Cold Stone. I will try to expunge from my memory the time Jensen was sitting outside of Coldstone, happily spooning her sprinkle ice cream, while nonchalantly, and without any prior notification, peeing right through the mesh chair and onto the side walk (be careful which chair you choose there – last I checked the incriminating pee stain was still visible).


5. You: Every single one of you will be dearly missed. You each have touched us in a million different ways and our hearts are broken to leave this place we love, filled with people we adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment